If you're new to Dearest Daughters or just want a refresher, you might want to check out these definitive posts. They run the gamut from silly to serious.
1. The Infamous Park Bench Edition - wherein I lead you to believe this is the WORST, MOST SHAMEFUL AND EMBARRASSING THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME, so you will learn from my mistakes. Also, boys make you grow stupid cells.
2. Don't Pick Your Nose in Public - everyone has a nose, everyone has boogers, not everyone has been taught the right way to pick their nose.
3. Adobo and Buzz Lightyear: my master plan for raising mixed girls - about, um, my thoughts on raising mixed girls in America. Batteries, not included.
4. Girls pee sitting down - I think this only makes the Top 10 because it mentions the word "girls" and "pee" and is therefore a google search jackpot. Nevertheless, it's another definitive post about my thoughts on raising civilized humans.
5. Birthday Edition - about delivering a baby by myself in about two and half minutes. For reals.
6. I'd buy you a drink, but my baby just ate my wallet - on traveling with an infant without getting punched in the face.
7. An Addendum to my Master Plan for Raising Mixed Children - written as a point of clarification and last word on the matter for those confuddled by the Adobo and Buzz Lightyear post (above).
8. Where Three or More are Gathered - you're either in church or in a gang. One guess which I'd prefer for my daughters.
9. Call me a conformist, but you can't say I don't speak my mind - typically overwrought ruminations about how to raise "successful" children in our society; children who are true to themselves and use their voice, but who will also know when it's appropriate to "conform"
10. Daily Photo: I Fear the Worst - concerns about impregnation. My own, my daughters', my chickens.
And a few posts that have fallen out of the Top Ten or were never in it, but are personal favs that I can't bear to part with:
Have I Told You Tuesday: I'm Your Pimp - more opinions about parenting (in part, through a Filipino-American lens) in response to a babble.com article about ruing our children's self-esteem. I'm a ruiner.
Resolved for matters unresolved - Guess what? I'm a feminist!
Have I Told You Tuesday: I Will Never Leave You Alone - my basic job description.